Our SCHOOL TOURS PROGRAM has been inspiring students since 1991 with over forty imaginative excursions. We create, blend and design experiences that excite students to meet specific learning outcomes and curriculum guidelines.
SAFETY is our priority on Melbourne Walks. All walk leaders maintain or are in training for Working with Children Check, First Aid Certificate 2, public liability insurance and accreditation by the Professional Tour Guide Association of Australia. We also have a RISK PLAN in place.
To get the very best from of our tours, we ask participating students and adults to follow our EXCURSION SAFETY CODE below:
See Prices & Bookings
|EXCURSION SAFETY CODE
- Please follow instructions provided by the walk leaders who will ensure road safety and direction.
- Our tours travel moderate distances and proceed at a relaxed walking pace so participants do not need to run or hurry. Participants will benefit from travelling together as a single group not trailing behind. We also prefer schools not to organise students in pairs in a conga line as this may disrupt pedestrians and slow down street crossings.
- We stop every few minutes at a safe location. We ask all students to come up close to the walk leader so they can hear. When the walk leader is speaking we ask students not to converse with each other, or use mobile phones. If there is difficulty in hearing, always advise the walk leader promptly. We ask all participating adults to do the same and encourage students around them.
- Students should be alert to other pedestrians and to courteously give way where possible.
- Participants should always advise the walk leader if they are leaving the group.
- Participants should note the weather report for the day and dress appropriately. Students should always carry as little as practical to avoid tiredness and heat stress.
- Participants should carry water on hot days or walk leaders can advise venues with water/taps.
- If participants are in wheelchairs or have mobility issues, Melbourne Walks should be informed in advance of the excursion.
- All teachers need to have have a copy of the Melbourne Walks booking itinerary with them on the day. This contains the details of walk leader contact information, meeting location/time and finishing places etc.