Welcome to our ONLINE RUNNER JOURNEY through the streets of Melbourne using Google Slides.
OUR Online Runner Tour is an alternative to our normal Runner School Excursion in the Melbourne CBD.
These online materials are copyright to Melbourne Walks and require written permission prior to use.
INQUIRIES: email@example.com or 0408 894 724
COSTS: Available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org or 0408 894 724
LEARNING OUTCOMES FROM OUR Online Runner Tour:
- This tour can be used by teachers as a stand-alone resource following Charlie Feehan’s route as he races from Richmond to the Orient Hotel in Bourke Street. Alternatively, a Melbourne Walks guide can provide live video online sessions.
- The tour provides images and locations of Melbourne places on the Runner race route, their connection to the novel and how they explain the context of the 1920s era. Students can take turns reading extracts from the novel related to these places. Each student can adopt a provided identity relating to the novel and the 1920s era during the class. Students can follow specific locations on the route via google maps. Students can follow up to pursue particular identities, characters and places.
- Speaker notes assist teachers to pursue content further with the students.
- Readings from Robert Newton’s novel are connected to these online Melbourne places.
- Identities from the book and Squizzy era can be adopted by students to assist participation and further research.
- Online Runner Google Map enables students to explore the geographic locations on the route.
Runner by Robert Newton
Penguin Teachers Notes on Runner