OUR Melbourne Women Tour visits visit notable places to appreciate how women from all walks of life, during Melbourne’s history, have contributed to the arts, vocations, political and social reforms, civic life and today’s liveable city.
TOURS are led by woman guides experienced in Melbourne’s culture and history.
TO bring history alive we also allocate an historic woman role or identity to each participant of a group during the tour.
MANY sites we visit have great heritage and architectural significance to all Victorians as well e.g the era of Marvellous Melbourne.
Our route commences from Parliament House and are normally 2.5 hours or school student tours are two hours. The sites we visit can vary depending on the time available and the choice of our guides but most are drawn from National Trust sites and the outstanding publication ‘Women’s Melbourne’ by historian Dr Celestina Sagazio.
SEE – BOOKINGS AND PRICES – FOR INDIVIDUALS, GROUPS AND SCHOOLS
– Women’s Melbourne‘ by Dr Celestina Sagazio .
– ‘Nation Builders. Great Lives from St Kilda Cemetery”. by Meyer Eidelson.
– View an example of a walk route.
– Radical Melbourne Vols 1 and 2 by Jeff and Jill Sparrow .
– See also our Radical Melbourne Tour.