OUR Melbourne Women Tour visits visit heritage places to appreciate how women from all walks of life during Melbourne’s history, have contributed to political and social reforms, the arts, vocations and civic life including today’s liveable city.
TOURS are led by woman guides experienced in Melbourne’s culture and history.
TO bring history alive we also allocate a historic woman role or identity to each participant of a group during the tour.
MANY of the beautiful sites we visit have important and architectural significance to all Victorians or express the era of Marvellous Melbourne.
Our route commences from Parliament House and is normally 2.5 hours long (or school student tours two hours). The many sites we visit can vary depending on time available and the choices of our guides but most are drawn from National Trust sites and the outstanding publication ‘Women’s Melbourne’ by historian Dr Celestina Sagazio.
SEE – BOOKINGS AND PRICES – FOR INDIVIDUALS, GROUPS AND SCHOOLS
– Women’s Melbourne‘ by Dr Celestina Sagazio .
– ‘Nation Builders. Great Lives from St Kilda Cemetery”. by Meyer Eidelson.
– View an example of a walk route.
– Radical Melbourne Vols 1 and 2 by Jeff and Jill Sparrow .
– See also our Radical Melbourne Tour.